Adding a Blog to your Website – Blogging and SEO
A Blog is a web log of what is happening within your business that may be of interest to a client or prospect. A blog will help to keep your website content changing and dynamic and indicates that something new is happening regularly within your business.
When used effectively a blog will help with Search Engine optimisation – SEO and your social media campaigns.
You can add a blog to your website or you can maintain and external blog. We always prefer to add a blog onto your website as it provides a place where new content can easily be added to keep your site dynamic.
A Blog is an important part of the SEO mix. The benefits that a Blog provides are as follows:
- Adds new content to your site on a regular basis
- Increases the number of pages on your website
- Enables your content (blog entries) to get distributed throughout the internet to help with inbound links
- Helps create internal links that direct users to your most important pages
- Tells people about your business, what’s happening, what’s new and what you want them to know as well as stimulates social media activity
So a blog is an essential part of your website but there are still a few technical questions that you may have.
We have set-up and maintain hundreds of blogs for our clients. Every website that we build automatically has a blog attached to it – such is the importance of blogging for SEO purposes.
Some technical questions about blogs
- What software should you use for your blog?
- Where should you set it up, on your site, off your site, as a sub domain?
- What plug-ins do you need?
- What about design, should you pay particular attention to design?
- How should it be configured for best use?
- Can you link it to your social media channels?
There are many other questions that you need to answer when implementing a Blog as part of your SEO strategy. We can go through this process with you and implement a blog for you – to get you up and running. Call 0845 130 6414 to talk through your requirements or fill out the contact form and we will respond to your enquiry.